Flite Airline Breathing Apparatus
Item Code: Flite Airline Breathing Apparatus
The Scott Safety Flite is an open circuit, positive pressure airline breathing apparatus generally comprising of a bandolier harness, positive pressure airline apparatus with automatic positive pressure demand valve, supply hose and coupling for airline supply hose.
An additional coupling allows the connection of an emergency air supply cylinder which provides an independent air supply with a duration of 10 to 15 minutes, dependant on cylinder size.
The apparatus can be used with the full range of Scott Safety positive pressure face masks as well as the Elsa positive pressure hood when used as an escape only apparatus.
The Scott Safety Flite is specifically designed as an airline working set and with its optional hip mounted cylinder as an airline escape set, it has many applications but is particularly suited to confined space entry and the oil and gas industry. It is also suitable for providing respiratory protection in any IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health) environments.
- Pressure Reducing Valve: Nickel Plated Brass
- Rust Tube: Brass
- Reducing Valve Seat: Polyamide (Nylon)
- O-Rings: Nitrile, Silicone, EPDM
- Reducing Valve Springs: Stainless Steel
- HP Pressure Gauge: Stainless Steel, Polycarbonate Lens
- HP Pressure Gauge Cover: Neoprene
- MP Air Supply Hose Fittings: Nickel Plated Brass
- Face mask: Neoprene, Silicone or Procomp
- Face mask Visor: Polycarbonate
- MP Air Supply Hose: Chlorinated Polyethylene, fabric braid reinforcement, Nitrile Liner
- Cylinder Bag: Flame retardant PVC coated Nylon/Polyester
- Valve Handwheel: Glass filled Polyamide
- Harness: Flame retardant Polyester
- Strap Buckles: Stainless Steel
- Harness Padding: Closed cell Polyethylene foam
- Cylinder: Steel or Composite
- Cylinder Valve: Nickel Plated Brass
- Demand Valve Casing: Glass filled Polyacetal and Polyamide
Certified to AS/NZS 1716:2012
TEMPEST DEMAND VALVE
Compact positive pressure demand valve featuring servo-assisted, tilting diaphragm mechanism with low inspiratory resistance and responsive dynamic performance, automatic first breath activation and hands free bypass facility.
Components injection moulded from Polyamide with rubber seals and diaphragms.
- First breath activation
- Peak flow performance - In Excess of 500 litres/minute
- Bypass flow - 150 litres/minute nominal
- Static positive pressure - 1.8 - 3.5 mbar
COMBINED CYLINDER & PRESSURE REDUCING VALVE
The valve is manufactured from nickel plated brass and has a pressure indicator and DIN type charging connection (Stainless Steel). There is a large handwheel, a low profile pressure gauge and bust disc assembly incorporated into the valve.
The first stage pressure reducer features a non-adjustable, spring loaded piston mechanism and outlet supply protected by an integral pressure relief valve. Valve body and cap manufactured from nickel plated brass with stainless steel spring and hose retainer U-clips.
The pressure reducer will accept inlet pressures of 300 bar. A medium pressure hose leads from the reducer ending in a CEN male fitting which can be connected to the Flite apparatus above the non-return valve.
- 200 bar inlet - 5.5 to 9.5 bar
- 300 bar inlet - 6.0 to 11.0 bar
- Pressure relief valve protected - Approx. 13.5 bar